Sign up and get reminders on upcoming events, latest news and resources!
Quick primer about I Bonds
1) Introduced in 1998
2) Purchased from the Treasurydirect.gov website.
3) Bonds are designed to protect against inflation.
4) Interest rates are adjusted twice a year (May and November)
5) Current rate is 9.62%
6) How much can I purchase?
A) 10,000 per person limit per annum each year
B) Individuals can purchase an additional $5,000.00 in I bonds through their tax
7) I Bond is a 30-year bond. If you sell prior to 5 years you will lose three months of
interest. If you hold the bond for five years you will no longer lose any interest.
8) The interest is taxable for federal income tax purposes and not taxable for NYS and
NYC income tax purposes.
"The seminar at Umberto's was fantastic! The seating was comfortable and there was plenty of personalized attention. Great instructor and I highly recommend NYSTAP. I went into this course confused and came out being able to understand the material. I have a much better grasp now that I've taken this class, highly recommend."
We are here to help with any questions.